Create your own postcards! They can be from somewhere you have always wanted to visit, the coolest place you’ve ever visited, your favorite vacation spot and any other trip or future trips you want to commemorate!
This project is one of the virtual literacy through art classes hosted on Facebook Live from 1:30-2pm every Wednesday and Friday. Materials and instructions are posted here afterwards. Tune into the live classes to ask questions, give suggestions, and interact with other students who are stuck at home!
If you want to watch the recording of the live video, check out our Youtube channel!
- Blank paper
- Something to draw with
- Something to write with
- Hold a blank piece of paper landscape and fold it in half vertically. Make a crease.
- Unfold and cut along the crease.
- Where is your postcard going to be from? Pick a place. It can be a country, a city, an amusement park, and more. Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever been? Where’s your favorite place to travel? Where’s someone you have always wanted to go? Africa? New York City? Texas? Greece?
- Once you have determined where your postcard will be from, draw a picture of it on one side. It can be a drawing of a specific landmark, an attraction, a restaurant, a beach, the outline of the country, or anything else you can come up with!
- Once you are finished drawing, flip it over. On the back, write something about this place you have chosen. Why did you choose this place? Have you been there? If yes, what did you do there? What did you like so much about it? If not, why do you want to go here? When you travel there in the future, what will you do? Write as many details as you can!
- Send your postcards! Send them to anyone who traveled with you, or who you want to travel with, or hang them up in your room as a reminder of the places you have been and all the places you want to go.