Your Destination: (objectives)
- Teach the students about symmetry by creating a fun design.
travel kit: (materials)
- Markers, Paper, 3 different sized bowls.
on the path
- First take your bowls and create three circles, each smaller than the last.
- Next split the circles up by drawing 4 lines through them.
- Finally, using your knowledge of symmetry, decorate the circles as you see fit!
group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Split the class into groups and have them research a symmetrical animal, then recreate it.
extend your journey
- Have the students create silly self-portraits where they are completely symmetrical.
learn new vocabulary
- Symmetry, Asymmetry.
discover … : (website links) https://www.axisweb.org/p/samspreckley/workset/90513-oil-and-water/