“You can’t please everyone. There’s always going to be someone disappointed, so you might as well make yourself happy and be you.“
- Name: Lzzy Hale
- Born: October 10, 1983
- From: Red Lion, Pennsylvania
- Pronouns: She/her
- Contribution/Impact: Lzzy Hale is one of the few successful and popular women in metal music. She is the lead vocalist and guitarist for the hard rock band Halestorm.
- Occupation: Rock/Metal Musician, Singer
- Known For: “I Miss The Misery”, “Love Bites (So Do I)”, “I Am The Fire”, “Dear Daughter”
- Awards: Grammy for Best Rock Performance for “Uncomfortable” (2018)
- Interesting Facts: Hale’s band Halestorm had her mother working as the groups manager and her father working as their bus driver.
Lzzy Hale, born Elizabeth Mae Hale, was born with music in her soul as she had the drive to become a Rockstar from an early age. Hale formed the band Halestorm with her little brother Arejay Hale in 1997 when Lzzy was only thirteen years old (and Arejay was even younger). But, with the help and support from their parents, the Hale siblings were able to chase their dream and become the Rockstars they always wanted to be. In 2014, Hale came out as bisexual on Twitter.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Decorate and personalize the empty space in the image.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out The Attic for more resources and events for Philadelphia’s LGBT+ youth!
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.