Instructions for filing Act 34 and 151 Background Checks:
One-time event volunteers are not currently required to complete background checks. Otherwise, ALL ASI Volunteers and Interns are required to submit Act 34 and 151 clearances. FBI Fingerprint clearances are required by Philadelphia Recreation Centers from any volunteers who have not lived in PA for 10 consecutive years.
- Criminal Background Check (Free for Volunteers)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Free for Volunteers)
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Click on “Create Individual Account” Tab
- Read through general information, click next
- enter Keystone ID- this is a username/ID that you select
- must be 6 to 10 characters long, should contain mostly letters, can contain up to 5 numbers, may NOT contain special characters- example: jsmith123
- Complete Form
- First name, last name, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), current email, confirm email, security questions 1, 2, and 3 + answers, authentication question and answer
- Click Finish
- Check your email for (2) emails from the state- one will contain confirmation of Keystone ID (username/ID), second will contain state issued password (highlight and copy, or write it down)
- Return to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Click on “Individual Login”
- Keystone Key- enter state confirmed Keystone ID (username/ID) and paste or insert state issued password
- Follow steps to set new password- personal to you
- new password: must be at least 8 characters, contain at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter, at least one number, and at least one special character (such as @$%/^&*), do not include username, first name, or last name
- click submit
- Return to “Individual Login”
- Read through “My Child Welfare Account Terms & Conditions” – click Next
- Read through “Learn More” – click continue
- Click “Create Clearance Application”
- Read through “Getting Started”- click begin
- Complete form and submit
- Wait a few days, check email for notification of clearance
- Print certificate
- File a copy with Art Sphere Inc., and carry a copy while teaching.
- Volunteers who have NOT lived in Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years must submit an FBI Clearance to work in Philadelphia Recreation Centers.
- You must pre-register before getting fingerprinted. Once registered, applicants may walk-in during a location’s posted hours of operation, but scheduling an appointment may lead to lesser/no wait times.
- Visit: https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania
- To find a fingerprinting location near you visit: https://www.identogo.com/locations
- Enter your zip code, and select a location to set up an appointment.
- Go to location to get fingerprinted
- Your fingerprints will be submitted by the fingerprinting location, and you should receive your FBI background check results by mail.
- FAQ: https://www.identogo.com/uploads/general/PA_FAQs11202017.pdf
No slides are available in this gallery