Your Destination: (objectives)
- Create Kandinsky’s color
study with heart shapes instead of circles for mother’s day. Through this
lesson the students will be able to observe how colors interact together and
interpret what the colors may represent to them.
travel kit: (materials)
- Water based paint (gauche,
watercolor), paint brush, crayons, paper (watercolor paper works best)
on the path
- Create a grid on your
paper. Two lines vertically and three lines horizontally should do the trick! Next
draw hearts in all of your boxes. Make sure that hearts are taking up most of
the space in the box.
- Now time to experiment! Pick a few of your hearts and paint them different colors. This is going to be the start for the wet on dry technique. Where you paint over an area with dry paint. The other technique and what you can do while your wet hearts dry, is the wet on wet technique. You can do this with the rest of the hearts by painting them a color, and the while the paint is still went paint directly over the heart with another color.
- Paint the areas around the
heart in the separate boxes.
group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- The class will learn about
Wassily Kandinsky as an artist and how he views color and it influences his
extend your journey
- Wassily Kandinsky also used
music to influence his work, the students and I could talk his view on music
learn new vocabulary
- Color study, interact.
discover … : (website links)