Project Titles: Butterflies, Oysters, Spider Webs
Description: Children learn the color wheel when painting butterflies, oysters, and spider webs
Grade Level or Target Age Range: Preschool to early elementary
Historical Art Examples or References: Discussion on benefits of Oysters and facts of spiders
Vocabulary: Antennas, yellow, green, blue, purple, red, orange
Anticipatory Set:Discussion on benefits of Oysters and facts of spiders
- Make butterfly by fan folding a coffee filter and using a pipe cleaner in the middle to act as center and make antennas
- Make Oyster by paper maching to form an oyster
- Make a spider web using a white crayon to draw web on white paper
- Start with any color on the color wheel and follow it around having the children apply one color at a time to all three projects.
1. What is symmetry?
2. Is this butterfly symmetric
3. What are benefits of the oysters
It was great when the children discovered the spider web. They were surprised with their findings.