Your destination: (objectives)
- This lesson allows the students to explore texture and movement in painting.
Travel kit: (materials)
- Utensils, thick paper or canvas, paint brush, paint.
On the path
- Use your paint brush to first paint your subject. Make sure you use a good amount of paint.
- Using your utensils create a first layer of texture by scratching, moving, and painting with them.
- Choose new colors and repeat the last two steps until you are happy with the outcome of your painting.
Group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Look at artist that paint with nontraditional materials.
Extend your journey
- Create a landscape scene and mimic the texture that one would find out in nature using this technique.
Learn new vocabulary
- Texture, Movement.