Passover and Easter are this week, and if you don’t celebrate either of those, egg hunts and getting free candy is still super fun! This is a time where you usually spend time with your families, but since we don’t have the opportunity to do that this year, here is how to create interactive easter egg cards that you can send to family and friends!
Virtual art classes are hosted on Facebook Live from 1:30-2pm every Wednesday and Friday, and materials and instructions are posted here afterwords! Make sure you tune into the live classes to ask questions, give suggestions, and interact with other students who are stuck at home!
If you want to watch the recording of the live video, click here!
- Something to color with
- A few sheets of paper (either white or construction paper) that you will cut into:
- Two egg cutouts
- One smaller piece of paper that should be longer than it is wide, that will fit inside your egg. Paper the size of an index card will work.
- First, draw the outline of an egg. Don’t make them too small or you won’t be able to write anything nice on the card. You can draw it on construction or plain white paper.
- Cut it out.
- Trace your egg on another piece of paper and cut that out too. You should have two egg cutouts that are the same size.
- Take one of the eggs and design it however you like!
- When you’ve designed your egg, line up the two egg outlines and put them on top of each other, and then cut in half! (It should be cut in half horizontally).
- Take the top halves of your egg and glue them together but only glue the outside edge. (A visual to help glue correctly is at the bottom of this page).
- Do the same for the bottom halves of your egg.
- Cut a piece of paper small enough that it could fit inside your egg, but not too small because you want to be able to write something on it. It should be longer than it is wide. (A visual is at the bottom of this page).
- Glue the bottom of the piece of paper (about half an inch).
- Glue it in the middle of the bottom half of the egg, in the pouch. Make sure the majority of the paper is sticking out of the bottom half of the egg. (A visual is at the bottom of this page).
- To put your egg together, insert the paper slip into the pouch of the top half of the egg.
- You should be able to slide open your card to reveal the slip of paper.
- On the slip of paper write something nice to someone you miss!
- Grab an envelope and a stamp and send your card to that someone that you miss to brighten their day!