The U.K. has 13 British overseas territories among them are the Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean, Gibraltar on the Iberian Peninsula and Saint Helena in the South Atlantic Ocean.
England is in Western Europe, with a population of 66.65 million people. The capital is London, and their currency is the pound sterling. Their official language is English.
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1/2/3*)
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17/18/19*) (Northern Ireland only)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- May Day Bank Holiday (Date Varies)
- Spring Bank Holiday (Date Varies)
- Battle of the Boyne (July 12/13/14*) (Northern Ireland only)
- Late Summer Bank Holiday (Date Varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day (Dec 26)
- Extra unnamed holidays (Dec 27/28**)
Want to learn more? Check out the UK’s tourism website!
The UK has 32 world heritage sites including: