Tonga is the only Pacific Nation to not be colonized.
In Tonga it is illegal to conduct business, play sports, or do certain chores on Sunday as a result of Christian laws.
Tonga is located in Oceania, with a population 103,000 people. Its capital is Nuku’alofa and the currency is Pa’anga (TOP). The official languages spoken are Tongan and English.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Anzac Day (Apr 25)
- Emancipation Day Holiday (Date Varies)
- King Tupou VI’s Birthday Holiday (Jul 4)
- Price Tupoto’a-‘Ulukalala’s Birthday (Sep 17)
- National Day Holiday (Date Varies)
- King Tupou I Day Holiday (Date Varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)