The Greek Isles are home to over 6,000 islands.
The whole country has more than 250 days of sun on average. That is more than 3000 sunny hours per year.
The Greek language is unique and has continuously been used for more than 5000 years. This makes it the oldest written language still in existence. It even influences the English language!
Greece is located in Southeastern Europe and has a population of 10.32 million people. Its capital is Athens, and their currency is the Euro. The official language of Greece is Greek.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Years Day (Jan 1)
- Epiphany (Jan 6)
- Clean Monday (Date Varies)
- Greek Independence Day (Mar 25)
- Orthodox Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Protomagia (May 1)
- Orthodox Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Holy Spirit Monday (Date Varies)
- Assumption Day (Aug 15)
- National Anniversary Day (Oct 28)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Synaxis of the Mother of God (Dec 26)
It has 18 world heritage sites including: