Estonia is a country located in Northern Europe that is bordered by the Baltic Sea, Latvia, and Russia. There are many lakes and rivers, and forests make up 50% of Estonia.
Even though Estonia is slightly larger than Denmark, it is one of the least populated countries in the world with a population of only about 1.3 million people.
The capital of Estonia is Tallinn, and the currency is the euro. The official languages spoken in Estonia are Estonian and Russian.
The celebrate many holidays
- New Years (Jan 1)
- Independence Day (Feb 24)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Sunday (Date Varies)
- Spring Day (May 1)
- Pentecost Sunday (Date Varies)
- Victory Day (Jun 23)
- St. John’s Day (Jun 24)
- Independence Restoration Day (Aug 20)
- Ethnicity Day (Date Varies)
Want to learn more? Check out Estonia’s tourism website.
Fun activities to do