Zimbabwe is one of the smartest countries in Africa, with about 90% of the population being educated.
Zimbabwe’s population on the whole is quite young, with more than one-third under age 15 and about one-third between the ages of 15 and 29.
Victoria Falls, one of the biggest waterfalls in the world, is located in the country’s northwestern part of the Zambezi River.
Zimbabwe is in Southern African, with a population of 13.77 million people. Its capital is Harare, and their currency is Zimbabwean Dollar. The official languages are Chewa, Chibarwe, English, Klanga, Khoisan, Mambya, Ndau, Ndebele, Shangaan (Shangani), and Shona.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Robert Mugabe National Youth Day (Feb 21)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Saturday (Date Varies)
- Easter Sunday (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (Apr 18)
- Worker’s Day (May 1)
- Africa Day (May 25)
- Heroes’ Day (Date Varies)
- Defence Forces Day (Date Varies)
- Unity Day (Dec 22)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day (Dec 26)
It has five world heritage sites:
- Great Zimbabwe National Monument
- Khami Ruins National Monument
- Mana Pools National Park, Sapi and Chewore Safari Areas
- Matobo Hills
- Mosi-oa-Tunya / Victoria Falls
It also has 11 national parks including: