Guam is in Oceania, with a population of almost 165,000 people. The capital of Guam is Hagatna. The currency used is the United States Dollar(USD). The official languages are English, and Chamorro.
Guam is an island surrounded by coral reefs. Instead of sand on the shores of Guam’s beaches, coral covers the land until it meets the water.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Date Varies)
- History and Chamorro Heritage Day (Mar 1)
- Memorial Day (May 31)
- Independence Day (Jul 4)
- Guam Liberation Day (Jul 21)
- Labor Day (Date Varies)
- All Souls Day (Nov 2)
- Veterans Day (Nov 11)
- Thanksgiving (Date Varies)
- Santa Marian Kamalen Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)