your destination: (objectives)
- Recreate Pollock’s drip painting by replicating the direct, raw techniques that he used.
travel kit: (materials)
- Wood/canvas, paint, paintbrush, pallet knife.
on the path
- On your canvas, drip your first layer of paint. Take the pallet knife or brush and smooth some parts out.
- Take your second color paint and repeat the first step.
- Take your third color paint and drip your last layer on the canvas.
group tour (how larger class can be involved as group projects)
- Look deeper into Pollock’s work. What abstract expressionism represents and how it changed the art world.
extend your journey
- The students can create their own art pieces with their own subjects using the abstract expressionism style.
learn new vocabulary
- Abstract expressionism
discover … : (website links)