Project Title: Counting the Hours
Description: Students make paper watches and document the most important time/hours of their day. A great way to introduce responsibility and discuss how students spend their time.
Project Ideas: responsibility, mental health, intrapersonal,
Grade Level: preschool early elementary
Materials: construction paper, scissors, glue, markers, crayons, colored pencils,
Anticipatory Set: Make a diagram of a clock face. Discuss different activities that might happen during each time. Make a second clock diagram to present with examples of your favorite times of the day.
- Anticipatory set and open discussion on why keeping track of time is important (10 minutes)
- Have students cut out a long rectangular strip and a circle from their construction paper (5 minutes)
- Have students pick 3-4 of their favorite times of the day and mark it on the circle, the watch head. (10 minutes)
- Then students can begin to decorate their wristbands and watch heads with different elements of their favorite times of the day. (10 minutes)
- glue wristband and watch head together ( 5 minutes)
- Students can spend the remainder of class presenting their watches and talking about what times are most important to them. (10 minutes)