Preschool Literacy through Art Clay and Paper Projects
Model Magic, Construction Paper, Scissors, Glue, Markers
- Students listen to the story “Mice and Beans” by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Students start by making a round ball of clay and then forming it into a small pinch pot.
- Students turn the pinch pot upside down and add ears, eyes, nose, whiskers, and a tail.
- Students color clay with markers.
- Students sculpt a birthday cake flattening balls into round disks and layering or draw and color a birthday cake.
- Students write a menu of their favorite foods.
- Students watch “City Mouse and Country Mouse” by Rozanne Williams and make nests and matchbox beds for their mice using construction paper.
- Students discuss the pros and cons of living in the city and the country.
- Students watch Chester’s Way read by Vanessa Marano & Katie Leclerc Written by Kevin Henkes https://www.storylineonline.net/books/chesters-way/
- Students discuss friendships.