The largest man-made forest on Earth is in South Africa. It is located in Johannesburg and has over 6 million trees.
South Africa has the most official languages in the world with 11 official languages.
South African is in Southern Africa, with a population of 58 million people. Its capitals are Cape Town, Pretoria, and Bloemfontein. Their currency is South African Rand. The official languages in South Africa are English, Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans, Pedi, Tswana, Southern Sotho, Tsonga, Swazi, Venda and Southern Ndebele.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Human Rights Day (Mar 21)
- Good Friday (Date varies)
- Family Day (Date varies)
- Freedom Day (Apr 27)
- Workers’ Day (May 1)
- Youth Day (Jun 16)
- National Women’s Day (Aug 9)
- Heritage Day (Sep 24)
- Day of Reconciliation (Dec 16 or the following Monday if the day is on Sunday)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Day of Goodwill (Dec 26)
It has ten world heritage sites including:
- Fossil Hominid Sites of South Africa
- Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape
- Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape
- Robben Island
- ǂKhomani Cultural Landscape
It also has 20 national parks including:
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Ai-Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
Want to learn more? Check out South Africa’s tourism website!