Mongolia is a landlocked country sandwiched between China to the South and Russia to the North.
The Gobi Desert in Mongolia is regarded as the world’s biggest dinosaur fossil reservoir. Over 80 genera of dinosaurs have been discovered in the Gobi.
Mongolia is in North-Central Asia, with a population of 3.266 million people. Its capital is Ulaanbaatar, and the currency is the Tugrik (TUG). The official language spoken in Ethiopia are Khalkha and Mongolian.
It celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Tsagaan Sar Holiday (Date Varies)
- International Women’s Day (Mar 8)
- Buddha Day (Date Varies)
- Mother’s and Children’s Day (Jun 01)
- Naadam Holiday (Date Varies)
- Genghis Khan’s birthday (Nov 5)
- Republic Day (Nov 26)
- Independence Day (Dec 29)
Want to learn more? Check out Ethiopia’s tourism website.
Also check out the National Museum of Ethiopia.
It has five world heritage sites:
- Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain and its surrounding sacred landscape
- Orkhon Valley Cultural Landscape
- Petroglyphic Complexes of the Mongolian Altai
- Landscapes of Dauria
- Uvs Nuur Basin
It also has many national parks including: