Kyrgyzstan is a mountainous country. The Tian Shan mountain region covers 80% of Kyrgyzstan.
There is a massive glacier, South Engilchek Glacier, in the mountain region of Tian Shan. It is the 6th largest glacier in the world.
Kyrgyzstan is in Central Asia, with a population of 6.5 million people. Its capital is Bishkek, and their currency is Kyrgyzstan Som. The official languages spoken in Kyrgyzstan is Kyrgyz and Russian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Christmas Day (Jan 7)
- Fatherland Defender’s Day (Feb 23)
- Women’s Day (Mar 8)
- Nooruz (Mar 21)
- International Labor Day (May 1)
- Constitution Day (May 5)
- Day of Victory (May 9)
- Orozo Ait (Date varies)
- Kurman Ait (Date varies)
- Independence Day (Aug 31)
- Days of History and Commemoration of Ancestors (Nov 7)
It has three world heritage sites including:
- Silk Roads: the Routes Network of Chang’an-Tianshan Corridor
- Sulaiman-Too Sacred Mountain
- Western Tien-Shan
It also has 13 national parks including:
- Kyrgyz National Park Ala-Archa
- Kyrgyz-Ata State Nature Park
- State Nature National Park Besh-Tash
- Kara-Shoro State Nature Park
Want to learn more? Check out Kyrgyzstan’s tourism website!