Dear ASI Enthusiasts, Supporters and Volunteers,
We challenge you to turn over a new leaf with fresh changes as Art Sphere Inc. transforms our logo, brochure and letterhead as we gear up for a season celebrating our Quindecennial. Like an oak tree that has gained maturity, we are looking forward to sharing our 15 years of accumulated acorn seeds of artistic knowledge to sprout new learning branches this year. Please consider helping ASI Share our Acorns to grow a new Forest of Potential as we seek sources to help nurture our newest seedlings. If you work for or know of an organization that may be interested in becoming a contributing partner to support our ongoing efforts or to help match our Knight Arts Challenge grant (https://artsphere.org/who-we-are/knightartschallenge/), contact us for details on our exciting new corporate donor recognition materials and programs. Leave Your Calendar Open on Saturday and Sunday, October 5 and 6 from Noon-6 p.m as we invite you to attend our office art opening where we sell artwork by students and volunteers to support our cause at POST Open Studios (915 Spring Garden) with Kid-friendly magician (Captain Swirly). https://philaopenstudios.org/post/info/aboutIn the meantime, be like a log and roll down the page to see what ASI has been up to this summer. Here’s to changing colors, changing directions, changing lives! Warm Autumn Wishes,Kristin Creating Legacies Thru Art Now more than ever, we are seeking friends to get involved as we celebrate Art Sphere Inc.’s 15th year anniversary. It’s definitely shaping up to be a thrilling year. The focus of our new direction is to raise $20,000 to match the Knight Foundation Challenge Grant we received. Here are just some of things we are committing to doing as part of the project:
- Create a database of art lesson plans and project ideas
- Hire teachers to teach 10 workshops at 10 different sites
- Training our volunteers to help implement various projects
- Printing hard copies of curricula, projects, and documenting accomplishments
- New College volunteers and interns taking up the ASI cause: Victoria Hultgren and Mary Hager
- Graphic Designer, Lenore Romas for creating ASI with our new look
- Youth teaching youth mentorship videos by film maker, Alex Hannah
- New partners with student groups of interns from Arcadia, the Art Institute of Philadelphia and Bryn Mawr College
- The Art Institute’s R.E.A.C.H. Program for collecting art materials for ASI
- And the generous donations and wonderful student volunteers from Agnes Irwin School and The Haverford School
Fishtown Rec Center Classroom Mural Painting with Stencils
Arcadia University Start Off Fall 2013
Student volunteers worked at Fishtown Rec Center (FRC) to clean up trash, restore graffiti-covered murals, create cards for seniors and soldiers, and began creating new FRC classroom murals. A total of 14 large bags of trash were collected, dozens of murals restored, and 15 cards were created! Thank you Arcadia and AIPH for starting off the Fall 2013 Semester with Art Sphere, Inc!
Art Sphere Incorporated (ASI), brings the joy and power of artistic expression to under-served youth and communities throughout the Delaware Valley. A 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit founded by painter, print-maker and Philadelphia-area native Kristin Groenveld in 1998, Art Sphere works with communities to promote individual and civic empowerment through art education. Led by a core staff and sustained by a dedicated volunteer base ASI offers comprehensive educational and community building experiences, providing teachers, curricula and materials where they’re needed most.