East Timor, or Timor-Leste, is a mountainous island country in Southeast Asia. The country shares an island, the Timor Island, with Indonesia.
The United States Dollar is the official currency in Timor-Leste.
Timor-Leste (East Timor) is in Southeast Asia, with a population of 1.3 million people. Its capital is Dili and their currency is Dollar (U.S.$). The official languages spoken in Timor-Leste is Portuguese and Tetum.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Veterans Day (Mar 3)
- Holy Friday (Apr 10)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Idul Fitri (Date varies)
- Restoration of Independence Day (May 20)
- Corpus Christi (Date varies)
- Idul Adha (Date varies)
- Popular Consultation Day (Aug 30)
- All Saints Day (Nov 1)
- All Souls’ Day (Nov 2)
- Youth National Day (Nov 12)
- Proclamation of Independence Day (Nov 28)
- Memorial Day (Dec 7)
- Day of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- National Heroes’ Day (Dec 31)