Switzerland Has 208 Mountains and the Highest Peaks in Europe.
Switzerland’s Gotthard tunnel is the longest in the world measuring 57km in length.It took 17 years to complete it.
Switzerland is in Central Europe, with a population of 8.5 million people. Its capital is Bern, and their currency is Swiss Franc. The official languages in Switzerland are French, German, Romansh, Italian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Berchtolds Day (Jan 2)
- Republic Day (Mar 1)
- St. Joseph’s Day (Mar 19)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Sunday (Date Varies)
- Sechselauten (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Fête d’Indépendance (Jun 23)
- National Day (Aug 1)
- Jeûne genevois (Date Varies)
- Swiss Federal Fast (Date Varies)
- Bettagsmontag (Date Varies)
- St Mauritius’ Day (Sep 22)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Restoration Day (Dec 31)
It has 12 world heritage sites including:
- Abbey of St Gall
- Benedictine Convent of St John at Müstair
- La Chaux-de-Fonds / Le Locle, Watchmaking Town Planning
- Lavaux, Vineyard Terraces
It has only one national park which is the Swiss National Park.
Want to learn more? Check out Switzerland’s tourism website!