Suriname is the smallest country in South America.It is known for its Dutch sugar plantations.
The Capital Of Suriname Is A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Suriname is in South America, with a population of 580 thousand people. Its capital is Paramaribo, and their currency is Surinamese Dollar(SRD).The official language in Suriname is Dutch.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Chinese New Year (Date Varies)
- Day of Liberation and Innovation (Feb 25)
- Phagwah (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Worker’s Day (May 1)
- Idul Fitr (Date Varies)
- Emancipation Day (Jul 1)
- Idul Adha (Date Varies)
- Indigenous People’s Day (Aug 9)
- Maroons Day (Oct 10)
- Deepavali (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (Nov 25)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Day after Christmas (Dec 26)
It has two world heritage sites:
It also has 10 national park including:
Want to learn more? Check out Suriname’s tourism website!
Also check out the Surinaams Art and History Museum.