Serbia has been topping the global raspberry export list for several years now. In 2012, almost 95% of the world’s raspberries came from this country.
Serbia once had a French queen! Helen of Anjou
Serbia is in Central and Southeast Europe, with a population of 6.964 million people. Its capital is Belgrade, and its currency is the Serbian dinar. The official language in Serbia is Serbian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- New Year’s Holiday (Jan 2)
- Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7)
- Serbian New Year (Jan 14)
- St. Sava’s Day (Jan 27)
- Sovereignty Day of Serbia (Feb 15)
- Sovereignty Day of Serbia Holiday (Feb 16)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Labour Day Holiday (May 2)
- Orthodox Holy Saturday (Date Varies)
- Orthodox Easter Day (Date Varies)
- Orthodox Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Europe Day (May 9)
- St. Vitus” Day (Jun 28)
- Remembrance Day (Oct 21)
- Armistice Day (Nov 11)
It has five world heritage sites:
- Gamzigrad-Romuliana, Palace of Galerius
- Medieval Monuments in Kosovo
- Stari Ras and Sopoćani
- Stećci Medieval Tombstone Graveyards
- Studenica Monastery
It also has five national parks:
Want to learn more? Check out Serbia’s tourism website.
Also check out the National Museum of Serbia.