Paraguay has the largest hydroelectric power plant in the world which is called Itaipu dam.
The world’s largest water reserve, called the “Acuifero Guaraní” (Guarani aquifer), lies under Paraguay and extends into parts of Brazil and Argentina.
Paraguay is in South America, with a population of 7.1 million people. Its capital is Asunción, and their currency is Guarani(PYG). The official languages are Spanish and Guarani.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Day of Heroes (Mar 1)
- Holy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Day (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Independence Day (May 14 – 15)
- Chaco Armistice Day (Date Varies)
- Founding of Asunción (Aug 15)
- Boquerón Battle Victory Day (Sep 29)
- Virgin of Caacupé Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has one world heritage site which is Jesuit Missions of La Santísima Trinidad de Paraná and Jesús de Tavarangue.
It also has 15 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Paraguay’s tourism website!