Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic.
Panama is one of the only countries in the world where it’s possible to swim in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans in the same day.
Panama is in North America, with a population of 4.3 million people. Its capital is Panama City, and their currency is Panamanian Balboa(PAB).The official language in Panama is Spanish.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Martyr’s Day (Jan 9)
- Carnival Monday (Date Varies)
- Mardi Gras (Date Varies)
- Ash Wednesday (Date Varies)
- Holy Friday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Separation Day (Nov 3)
- Flag Day (Nov 4)
- Colon Day (Nov 5)
- Los Santos Uprising Day (Nov 10)
- Independence Day (Nov 28)
- Panama Mother’s Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has five world heritage sites including:
- Archaeological Site of Panamá Viejo and Historic District of Panamá
- Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama: Portobelo-San Lorenzo
- Coiba National Park and its Special Zone of Marine Protection
- Darien National Park
It also has 16 national parks including: