At an astonishing 15 miles (24.5 km) long, the Lærdal Tunnel is the world’s longest.
Arctic foxes live in Norway. Their coat changes with the seasons. In winter the fur is mainly grey and white, while in summer it changes to a light brown.
Norway is in Northern Europe, with a population of 5.328 million people. Its capital is Oslo, and their currency is the Norwegian Krone. The official language in Norway is Norwegian.
The celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Mother’s Day (Date Varies)
- Maundy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Constitution Day (May 17)
- Pentecost Sunday (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Father’s Day (Date Varies)
- Christmas Eve (Dec 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Second Day of Christmas (Dec 26)
It has eight world heritage sites including:
- Rjukan-Notodden Industrial Heritage Site
- Røros Mining Town and the Circumference
- Struve Geodetic Arc
- Vegaøyan – The Vega Archipelago
It also has 47 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Norway’s tourism website!
Also check out the National Museum of Art, Architecture, and Design.