Ohrid Lake is the oldest and one of the deepest lakes in Europe (max depth 288m or 940ft).
Mother Teresa of Calcutta was born in Skopje, Macedonia. Even though she was born in Skopje, she was Albanian by ethnicity at the time of her birth in 1910.
North Macedonia is in Southeast Europe, with a population of 2.077 million people. Its capital is Skopje, and the currency is the Macedonian Denar. The official languages spoken in North Macedonia are Macedonian and Albanian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Orthodox Easter Day (Date Varies)
- Orthodox Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Eid Al Fitr (Date Varies)
- St. Cyril and St. Methodius (May 24)
- Republic Day (Aug 2)
- Independence Day Holiday (Sep 8)
- Revolution Day (Oct 11)
- Day of Macedonian Revolution (Oc 23)
- St. Clement of Ohrid (Dec 8)
It has one world heritage site:
It also has three national parks:
Want to learn more? Check out North Macedonia’s tourism website.