North Korea is slightly smaller than Mississippi. It constitutes almost 55% of the Korean Peninsula.
The North Korean City of Pyongyang has the world’s largest stadium, boasting a seating capacity of 150,000. This stadium is used for football, athletics and mass games.
North Korea is in East Asia, with a population of 25.7 million people. Its capital is Pyongyang, and their currency is North Korean Won. The official languages spoken in North Korea is Korean.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Korean New Year (Date varies)
- Birth Day of Kim Jong Il (Feb 16)
- Tree Planting Day (Date varies)
- International Women’s Day (Mar 8)
- Chungmyung Day (Date varies)
- Birth Date of Kim Il Sung (April 15)
- Military Foundation Day (Apr 25)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Children’s Union Foundation Day (Jun 6)
- Day of Victory (Jul 27)
- National Liberation Day (Aug 15)
- Day of Songun (Aug 25)
- National Day (Sep 9)
- Harvest Festival (Date varies)
- Party Foundation Day (Oct 10)
- Mother’s Day (Nov 16)
- Constitution Day (Dec 27)