New Zealand was the first country to give women the right to vote in 1893.
New Zealand is the first country to see the sunrise of each new day.
New Zealand is in Oceania, with a population of almost 5 million people. The capital of New Zealand is Wellington but the largest city is Hawke’s Bay. The currency used is the New Zealand Dollar(NZD). The official languages are English and Maori.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Day After New Years Day (Jan 4)
- Waitangi Day (in lieu) (Feb 8)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Anzac Day (April 25)
- Anzac Day (in lieu) (April 26)
- The Queen’s Birthday (Jun 7)
- Labour Day (April 25)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day (Dec 26)
- Christmas Day (in lieu) (Dec 27)
- Boxing Day (in lieu) (Dec 28)
It has three world heritage sites:
It also has 13 national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out New Zealand‘s tourism website!