Montserrat was known as a holy mountain that is 45 km away from Barcelona and is the symbol of Catalan identity”.
Montserrat‘s national animal is the Montserrat oriole which known for expertly weaves a basket nest that is suspended beneath a leaf of a broad-leaved plant.
Montserrat is in North America, with a population of 4,994 people. Its’ capital is Plymouth, and the currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar. The official language is English.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- St.Patrick’s Day (Mar 17)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labour Monday (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Queen’s Birthday (Date Varies)
- National Day of Prayer, Reflection, and Thanksgiving (Jul 15)
- Emancipation Day (Date Varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day (Date Varies)
- Festival Day (Dec 31)