Montenegro is known as a habitat for many mammals, including wild pigs, bears, deer, martens, wolves, foxes, and wildcats.
Montenegro has 117 beaches along 293 kilometers of coastline.
It’s home to over 270 bird species and is a vitally important stop for migrating birds.
Montenegro is in Southeast Europe, with a population of 622,182 people. Its capital is Podgorica, and the currency is the Euro. The official language spoken in Montenegro is Montenegrin.
They celebrate many holiday’s including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Day After New Year’s Day (Jan 2)
- Orthodox Christmas Eve (Jan 6)
- Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7)
- Orthodox Christmas Holiday (Jan 8)
- Orthodox Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Labour Day (May 1)
- Labour Day(2nd Day) (May 2)
- Orthodox Easter Day (Date Varies)
- Orthodox Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Independence Day (May 21)
- Independence Day Holiday (May 22)
- Sovereignty Day of Montenegro (July 13)
- Sovereignty Day of Montenegro Holiday (July 14)
It has four world heritage sites:
- Natural and Culturo-Historical Region of Kotor
- Stećci Medieval Tombstone Graveyards
- Venetian Works of Defence between the 16th and 17th Centuries: Stato da Terra – Western Stato da Mar
- Durmitor National Park
It also has five national parks: