Lee was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. He studied trumpet from 5th grade through his freshman year at West Chester University. It was while in high school that he picked up the electric bass, which seemed to come naturally. He started doing gigs on the weekends and eventually recorded and toured internationally with several Philadelphia based R&B recording artists including, The Delphonics, Blue Magic, and Billy Paul.
Lee is currently receiving international acclaim for his first recording as a producer and leader entitled, “Sittin’ On A Secret” and his second cd as producer and leader, “My Kind of Blues”.
Lee is a member of the Jazz Orchestra of Philadelphia (JOP) and he has also performed with the Philadelphia Chamber Orchestra and the Philly Pops Big Band’. He is the proud father of bass great, Christian McBride.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Write a description on the line and decorate.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out more resources and ways to celebrate MLK can be found on these links as well as our official Day of Service opportunity to volunteer.
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.