“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”
- Name: Jimi Hendrix
- Born: November 27th, 1942
- Died: September 18, 1970
- From: Seattle, Washington
- Awards: Posthumous Grammys, 1992
- Fun Fact: He was a former paratrooper in the US Army
- Popular Song: All Along the Watchtower
Jimi Hendrix is known as one of the greatest guitarists in the 20th century and is honored in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Prominent in the mid to late 60s, Jimi reached number one with his album, Electric Ladyland. He took musical inspiration from blues, jazz, psychedelic, and classic rock. A couple of his most notable songs include “All Along the Watchtower” and “Burning of the Midnight Lamp”. Jimi was also known for his drug and alcohol usage, which fueled both his musical creativity and his untimely demise. Jimi passed away at the young age of 27, but his music changed the way the world appreciates rock and roll.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Write a description on the line and decorate.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out more resources and ways to celebrate MLK can be found on these links as well as our official Day of Service opportunity to volunteer.
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.