“The weight of what has been lost is always heavier than what remains.”
Brit Bennett is an American writer who is known for her two New York Times top selling books, The Vanishing Half and The Mothers. Born in Oceanside, California, she earned her MFA in fiction at the University of Michigan where she won the Hopwood Award. In 2014, she would win the Hurston/Wright Award for College Writers. Brit Bennett is amazing at what she does; she is able to use writing as an artistic tool to express her own life in a fictional way, while still portraying real life issues that are relevant today.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Write a description on the line and decorate.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out more resources and ways to celebrate MLK can be found on these links as well as our official Day of Service opportunity to volunteer.
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.