“Being a Black queer Muslim women in America today means to be strategic about how I show up and when I show up.”
- Name: Blair Imani
- Born: October 31, 1993
- From: Los Angeles, California
- Interesting Facts: She has appeared on Fox News, and she gives free weekly lessons on her Instagram.
- Contribution/Impact: Blair Imani is a Black Muslim, historian, activist, and a part of the LGBTQ+ community. She centers around the black community, specifically black women and girls, and the LGBTQ+ community. Her main focus is to educate the communities she focuses around and educate others on those communities.
- Famous Pieces: Making Our Way Home and Modern HERstory
In short, Blair Imani is a queer Multi-Racial Muslim author. She was born on October 31, 1993 in Los Angeles, California. She would go on to graduate from Louisiana State University with a degree in history. She has created two books Making Our Way Home and Modern HERstory and gives free lessons on her Instagram. She is part of the Black Lives Matter movement and is even a mental health advocate. Blair Imani is a person who loves to be a part of people’s lives and aims to help people have a healthy relationship with themselves.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Write a description on the line and decorate.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out more resources and ways to celebrate MLK can be found on these links as well as our official Day of Service opportunity to volunteer.
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.