“Resistance here doesn’t mean revolution. It doesn’t mean storming the barricades. Resistance means using art for the things that it does best, which is to create human portraits and communicate ideas and forge a climate where people of different races or classes are known to you because they make themselves known.”
- Name: Ahmir Khalib Thompson (Questlove)
- Born: January 20, 1971
- From: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Occupation: Musician
- Works: Quest Love Music Books: The Creative Power of Self Reliance, Mo’ Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove
- Awards: Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album, Shorty Award for Best Musician, Shorty Award for Best Singer, The Roots, Jimmy Falon Show
- Fun Fact: Questlove was two years old when he started playing the drums.
Ahmir Khalib Thompson (Questlove) was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and was born on january 20, 1971. Questlove plays the drums, is a DJ, producer, designer, New York Times best seller, and much more. He is the co-founder of the music group, The Roots. He is also a writer and has produced many books, but he is mainly known for his part in The Tonight Show where he is the musical director.
To download the Handout:
- Click on the image
- Right-click and select Save Image As…
- Write a description on the line and decorate.
- Cut out and use for a selfie to share on our social media page.
- Download a card and envelope template and write about an idea this leader inspires.
- Check out more resources and ways to celebrate MLK can be found on these links as well as our official Day of Service opportunity to volunteer.
This ASI Special event is an ongoing volunteer-led project made by people like you, using multiple educational sources regularly being revised and updated. We would love your assistance if you or your group would like to get involved, learn more here.