Micronesia islands are found 1,802 miles north of eastern Australia and 2,485 miles southwest of the main islands of Hawaii.
The Federated States of Micronesia is scattered over a vast area of ocean about 1 million square miles, which is equivalent in size
Micronesia is located in Oceania, with a population of 112 thousand people. Its capital is Palikir, and the currency is the United States Dollar (USD). The official languages spoken are Chuukese, Kosraean, and Pohnpeian.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Micronesian Culture and Traditions Day (Mar 31)
- Good Friday (Apr 2)
- Constitution Day (May 10)
- Tree Planting Day (Jun 1)
- Malem Memorial Day (Jun 6)
- Utwe Memorial Day (July 20)
- Kosrae Liberation Day (Sep 8)
- Pohnpei Liberation Day (Sep 11)
- Chuuk Liberation Day (Oct 1)
- United Nations Day (Oct 24)
- Independence Day (Nov 3)
It has one world heritage sites including:
It also has several parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Micronesia’s tourism website.
Also check out the Belau National Museum as it is the oldest one in Micronesia.