The highest mountain in Libya is Bikku Bitti, also known as Bette Peak. The peak is at 2,266 meters (7,434 ft).
There are about 140 tribes and clans in Libya.
About 97% of the population in Libya are Muslims.
People in Libya generally love footballs.
Libya is in North Africa, with a population of 6.7 million people. Its capital is Tripoli, and their currency is Libyan Dinar. The official language in Libya is Arabic.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- February 17th Revolution (Feb 17)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Eid al-Fitr (Date varies)
- Eid Al-Adha (Date varies)
- Hijri New Year (Date varies)
- Martyrs’ Day (Sep 16)
- Birthday of Prophet Muhammed (Date varies)
- Liberation Day (Oct 23)
- Independence Day (Dec 24)
Want to learn more? Check out Libya’s tourism website!
It has five world heritage sites:
- Archaeological Site of Cyrene
- Archaeological Site of Leptis Magna
- Archaeological Site of Sabratha
- Old Town of Ghadamès
- Rock-Art Sites of Tadrart Acacus
It also has seven national parks including: