Liberia has year-round evergreen vegetation. Many trees—such as red ironwood, camwood, whismore, teak, and mahogany—are valuable, but occur with other species, preventing easy harvest.
The climate in Liberia, especially on the coast, is warm and humid year-round, dominated by a dry season from November to April and by a rainy season from May to October.
Liberia is in Western Africa, with a population of 4.82 million. Its capital is Monrovia, and the currency is Liberian Dollar. The official languages in Liberia are Liberian and English.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Fast and Prayer Day (Date Varies)
- Armed Forces Day (Feb 11)
- Decoration Day (Date Varies)
- J.J. Roberts’ Birthday (Mar 15)
- National Redemption Day (Apr 12)
- National Unification Day (May 14)
- Independence Day (Jul 26)
- Flag Day (Aug 24)
- National Thanksgiving Day (Date Varies)
- William Tubman’s Birthday (Nov 29)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)