Despite of being a landlocked country, Laos has thousands of islands within the country. There are around 4000 islands located in the Mekong River.
Laos is home to the largest waterfall in Southeast Asia. The name of the waterfall is Khone Phapheng and is located on the Mekong River.
Laos is in Southeast Asia, with a population of 7 million people. Its capital is Vientiane, and their currency is Kip. The official language in Laos is Lao.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- International New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- International Women’s Day (Mar 9)
- Lao New Year (Date varies)
- International Labor Day (May 1)
- Visakhabousa Day (Date varies)
- Women’s Union Establishment Day (Jul 20)
- Boat Racing Festival (Date varies)
- End of Buddhist Lent Day (Date varies)
- That Luang Festival (Date varies)
- National Day (Dec 2)
It has three world heritage sites:
- Megalithic Jar Sites in Xiengkhuang – Plain of Jars
- Town of Luang Prabang
- Vat Phou and Associated Ancient Settlements within the Champasak Cultural Landscape
It also has 21 national biodiversity conservation area including: