Penguins can be found in several areas of Chile, including the seno otway penguin colony.
Chile is home to the tallest building in South America, the Costanera Gran Torre. Located in Santiago, the Torre has 64 floors and has two observation decks on the top two floors that offer jaw-dropping views of the city and the surrounding Andes Cordillera.
Chile is in South America, with a population of 19 million people. Its capital is Santiago, and their currency is Chilean Peso(CLP). The official language in Chile is Spanish.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Holy Saturday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Navy Day (May 25)
- Saint Peter and Saint Paul Day (Date Varies)
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Jul 16)
- Assumption Day (Aug 15)
- Independence Day (Sep 18)
- Day of the Glories of the Chilean Army (Sep 19)
- Race Day (Oct 12)
- Reformation Day (Oct 31)
- All Saints’ Day (Nov 1)
- Immaculate Conception Day (Dec 8)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has six world heritage sites including:
- Churches of Chiloé
- Historic Quarter of the Seaport City of Valparaíso
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works
It also has 41 national parks including:
- Alberto de Agostini National Park
- Alerce Andino National Park
- Archipiélago de Juan Fernández National Parks
- Bernardo O’Higgins National Park
Want to learn more? Check out Chile’s tourism website!