Bahamas’ Capital, Nassau, The city is well known for their beaches with pristine white sand and turquoise waters
The Bahamas boasts the third-largest barrier reef on the planet that stretches 190 miles.
The Bahamas is in North America, with a population of 385,640 people. There are two main languages the people speak which are Haitian Creole and English-based Creole.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 01)
- Majority Rule Day (Jan 10)
- Good Friday (Second Friday of April)
- Easter Monday (Apr 10)
- Whit Monday (Jun 01)
- Randol Fawkes Labour Day (Jun 05)
- Independence Day (Jul 10)
- Emancipation Day (Aug 03)
- National Heroes’ Day (Oct 12)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day Holiday (Dec 28)
Want to learn more? Check out Bahama’s tourism website!
It has 25 world heritage sites including:
- Native Colony Ruins
- The Fountain of Youth
- Fortune Hill Plantation
- Clifton Heritage National Park
- Pinder’s Point Lighthouse
It also has 32 National Parks including: