Mexico’s capital, Mexican City, is sinking every year, but they still got time for a Mexican inventor to create the worlds first birth control.
Mexico is the 4th most biodiverse country on Earth, being home to 11% of the world’s biodiversity.
Mexico is in North America, with a population of 126.2 million people. Its capital is Mexican City, and the currency is Mexican Pose. There are 68 indigenous languages spoken in Mexico including Spanish, Nahuatl, Maya, and Mixtec.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Anio nuevo (Jan 1)
- Dia de la Constitucion (Feb 5)
- Cumpleanos de Benito Juarez (Date varies)
- Semana de Pascua / Easter (Date varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Cinco De Mayo (May 5)
- Dia de Independencia (Sep 16)
- Dia de los Fieles Difuntos (Nov 2)
- Dia de Revolucion (Nov 20)
- Transmission del Poder Ejecutivo Federal (Dec 1)
- Dia de Navidad (Dec 25)
Want to learn more? Check out Mexico’s tourism website!
- Historic Centre of Mexico City
- Pre-Hispanic City of Teotihuacán
- Pre-Hispanic City of Chichen-Itza
- El Tajin, Pre-Hispanic City
- Islands and Protected Areas of the Gulf of California