Denmark is a small country found in Europe that is well known for being one of the happiest countries in the world.
In Denmark, healthcare and and education is free. As a result of this the people of Denmark pay much higher taxes than most other countries. In spite of this, about 90% of Danes are content with this.
Denmark is in Northern Europe, with a population of 5.8 million people. Its capital is Copenhagen, and their currency is the Danish krone. The official language is Danish.
They celebrate over 17 holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Maundy Thursday (Date Varies)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- General Prayer Day (Date Varies)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Pentecost Sunday (Date Varies)
- Whit Monday (Date Varies)
- Constitution Day (June 5)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
Want to learn more? Check out Denmarks tourism website.
It has seven world heritage sites including:
- Aasivissuit – Nipisat. Inuit Hunting Ground between Ice and Sea
- Christiansfeld, a Moravian Church Settlement
- Jelling Mounds, Runic Stones and Church
- Kronborg Castle
- Kujataa Greenland: Norse and Inuit Farming at the Edge of the Ice Cap
It also has six national parks including:
Fun activities to do