Cyprus is a multi-lingual, multicultural, and multi religious country.
In Cyprus, taxi drivers in Cyprus do not give change. They keep the change as a tip. A quick tip to save money in Cyprus is to tender exact change to the taxi driver.
The world’s oldest wine label belongs to Cyprus. “Commandaria” is recognized as the world’s oldest named wine dating back 5000 years.
Cyprus is in Europe, with a population of 875 thousand people. Its capital is Nicosia, and their currency is Euro. The official languages are Greek and Turkish.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Epiphany (Jan 6)
- Green Monday (Date Varies)
- Greek Independence Day (Mar 25)
- National Day (Apr 1)
- Orthodox Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Orthodox Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Orthodox Pentecost Monday (Date Varies)
- Dormition of the Theotokos (Aug 15)
- Cypriot Independence Day (Oct 1)
- Greece National Anniversary Day (Oct 28)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Boxing Day (Dec 26)
It has three world heritage sites:
It also has ten national parks including:
- Cavo Greco National Forest Park
- National Forest Park of the Pedagogical Academy
- National Forest Park of Athalassa
Want to learn more? Check out Cyprus’ tourism website!