There are many famous Croatian inventions. The first system for identification of fingerprints was developed by Croatian Ivan Vučetić (1858-1925).
One of the most famous Croatians is Croatian inventor Nikola Tesla (1856-1943). He made many inventions for producing and transmitting electric power and owned more than 270 patents.
Croatia is in Southeast Europe, with a population of 4.08 million people. Its capital is Zagreb, and their currency is Croatian Kuna. The official language in Croatia is Croatian.
The celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Three King’s Day (Jan 6)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Statehood Day (May 30)
- Corpus Christi (Date Varies)
- Anti-Fascist Struggle Day (Jun 22)
- Victory and Homeland Thanksgiving Day (Aug 5)
- Assumption of Mary (Aug 15)
- All Saints’ Day (Nov 1)
- Remembrance Day (Nov 18)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- St. Stephen’s Day (Dec 26)
It has ten world heritage sites including:
- Ancient and Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and Other Regions of Europe
- Historic City of Trogir
- Historical Complex of Split with the Palace of Diocletian
- Stari Grad Plain
It also has nine national parks including:
Want to learn more? Check out Croatia’s tourism website!