Vanuatu is in Oceania, with a population of 292,000 people. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila. The currency used is the Vanuatu Vatu (VUV). The official languages are French, Bislama, and English.
Vanuatu is one of the least visited countries in the world, yet they rely on tourism to support their economy. This small country has a lot to offer to those that visit, including a volcano tour, bungee jumping, and the opportunity to visit a wrecked naval ship.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- New Year’s Day (Jan 1)
- Father Lini Day (Feb 21)
- Custom Chief’s Day (Mar 5)
- Good Friday (Date Varies)
- Easter Monday (Date Varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Ascension Day (Date Varies)
- Children’s Day (Jul 24)
- Independence Day (Jul 30)
- Assumption Day (Jul 12)
- Constitution Day (Oct 5)
- Unity Day (Nov 29)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
- Family Day (Dec 26)
It has one world heritage site:
- Rentapao Riverside
- Hideaway Island Marine Reserve
- Rainbow Parrot Nature Park
- La Nurserie de Requins Shark Bay
Want to learn more? Check out Vanuatu’s tourism website!
Be sure to also check out the National Museum of Vanuatu for extra information about Vanuatu!