Malaysia declared independence from the British Empire in 1957.
Malaysia is home to the smelliest fruit, Durian. When cut open Durian, the smell is noticeable from several hundred meters away.
Malaysia is in Southeast Asia, with a population of 32.7 million people. Its capital is Kuala Lumpur, and their currency is Ringgit. The official language in Malaysia is Malay.
They celebrate many holidays including:
- Chinese New Year (Date varies)
- Labor Day (May 1)
- Hari Raya Aidilfitri (Date varies)
- Wesak Day (Date varies)
- Birthday of SPB Yang di Pertuan Agong (Date varies)
- Hari Raya Haji (Date varies)
- Awal Muharram (Date varies)
- National Day (Aug 31)
- Malaysia Day (Sep 16)
- Maulidur Rasul (Date varies)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
It has 4 world heritage sites:
- Archaeological Heritage of the Lenggong Valley
- Melaka and George Town, Historic Cities of the Straits of Malacca
- Gunung Mulu National Park
- Kinabalu Park
It also has 6 national parks including: